Monday 30 January 2012

Part 19

The young woman cocked her head to one side, "Do I know you?"

Azdeha shook her head, still giddy, and noticed that she had been wrong at first. Hisana only looked like Rukia at first glance, but on closer inspection, she was much prettier. Her skin was soft and unblemished, and so pale that the long black lashes that lay against it stood out even more. She had an elegance about her that Deha knew she would never have and it was obvious why Byakuya had loved her so dearly. The young girl's heart wrenched at the thought. If Hisana was here then...

She looked around expecting to see another fake Byakuya emerge from somewhere, perhaps the garden, and walk away with Hisana, without even acknowledging her presence.

"Then how do you know me?" Hisana's question snapped the other girl out of her thoughts and she blinked quickly.

"Oh, I'm in squad 6. I know your...husband." The word caught in her throat like old mochi and she swallowed hard. Hisana took on a look of pride and such love that it almost made the younger girl want to gag.

"Oh, you know Byakuya-sama. How lovely. Are you here in business? I'm afraid my husband is out at the moment." Hisana walked over to a table which held a tray on it. "Would you like some tea while you wait?"

"Oh..um..no thank you. I should probably go. I'm sure I can find him later." Azdeha began to edge towards the door she had entered from but when she reached it, she was shocked to find it led to yet another room. She mentally cursed. Trapped. With her lovers ex wife. Someone out there had a hell of a sense of humour.

Movement in the corner of her eye made her turn and she saw Mayuri standing in the entrance way, with the garden behind him. "Ah Abarai-chan," he smiled which was one of the creepiest things Azdeha had ever seen. "I see you finally joined us."

Azdeha shrugged, "I hadn't intended to, but you know me. Couldn't resist a challenge."

"Indeed." Mayuri strolled into the room and walked up to Hisana, stroking her face. "Beautiful isn't she? I made her myself. A present for Byakuya sama."

So she wasn't real, just an engineered life form, like Nemu. Azdeha felt relief wash through her.

Mayuri turned to her, "Of course, she's not real yet, I need one final ingredient for that, and that's what I invited you here for." The look on the captain's face was beginning to freak her out but the girl remained steady.

"Oh and how exactly do I come into this messed up plan of yours?" Deha leaned back against the wall, feigning boredom.

"I need something from you. It's a very simple operation, but unfortunately, you won't live through it."

"What makes you think I'm going to give whatever it is you need up?"

Mayuri laughed and snapped his fingers. Nemu shunpo'd into the room and grabbed the surprised girl around the waist, pinning her arms, as Mayuri blew some blue dust in her face.