Monday 30 January 2012

Part 21

Byakuya took a step back and stared at the life form that resembled his wife.

"I've missed you my dear, I've been waiting all this time for you to get home." Hisana reached out and touched his hand, but Byakuya pulled away.

"Hisana tell Byakuya-sama how much you want to be with him." Mayuri sneered.

"Yes. I want us to be together again. Like back then. You, me and Rukia. Together. And when I'm alive again, we can have our own family. An heir to the clan. Think how wonderful it would be." Hisana was smiling sweetly but from where Deha was lying, tied down, she could see that her eyes were dead. Like a dolls. Byakuya closed his eyes momentarily, no doubt imagining the scenario. "All you have to do is let me have the girl."

The noble’s eyes flew open and frowned. Turning his head slightly, he looked back at his 5th seat lying helpless on the metal slab before turning back to Hisana and taking both her hands in his. "I wish to see what she has to say about this."

Mayuri snorted, "She'll tell you not to do it of course. I don't see what difference it makes."

"Undo whatever you've done to her Mayuri. I want to ask her." Byakuya dropped Hisana's hands and placed his on the hilt of Senbonzakura. "Or do I have to use force."

Mayuri growled and walked over to the younger girl. She saw him bend over her before feeling a stabbing pain in her arm. Within seconds she could move her arms and legs and she groaned in protest when she realised how stiff she was.

Byakuya came and stood over her, "Deha? Can you hear me?"

Azdeha frowned, and tried to talk but her throat was dry. She coughed and croaked out, "Course I can. Not deaf." She almost jumped for joy when she saw a tiny curve form on the edge of Byakuya's lips. If she could have, that is.

"Then you know what's going on?"

She nodded and smiled weakly.

"If I asked you to give up your life for hers, because I need her back, would you?"

He was actually asking her to do this. To give up her life for Hisana. In his defence he did think she was fake as well, but still. She looked at him and saw the emotion he had been devoid of earlier, flickering in the depths of his blue grey eyes. He really wanted this. She could tell. And she wanted him to be happy. Sighing, she reached up and stroked his face. "If it's what you want, then yes."

"That's what I thought you'd say." Byakuya reached over and kissed her forehead. Deha closed her eyes and felt her stomach clench as his lips touched her skin for the last time.

"So, shall I get started?" Mayuri was walking towards a table that Deha was sure had not been there earlier. It had various devices and tubes on it, the uses for which she could only imagine.

"That won't be necessary."

"Excuse me?" Mayuri sounded as shocked as Deha felt. He was turning the chance down?

"I said, that won't be necessary." The taller captain turned back to his subordinate and grabbed her hands, pulling her up into a seated position, before placing his arm around her waist and hoisting her to her feet. "Can you stand?"

Wobbly, but sure she could walk, Deha nodded, still speechless with awe. He knew she was real.